We are looking for a journalist to work on the Current Time’s web team. You will have experience both working your contacts to break stories and writing deeply reported features that are accessible to wide audiences. You will be required to report on global issues, but with focused on news and features emanating from Russia. You should already have a wide list of contacts/sources in Russia. You will take on complicated themes and write about them in a way that audiences are able to relate to, while also maintaining accuracy and balance. You will work closely with Current Time's digital team to ensure that stories are visually appealing and engaging on social media.
- Finds scoops and pitches original material that helps move the news cycle.
- Works contacts to break news and develop feature reporting that has impact in Current Time's market.
- Uses personal social media accounts to spread stories and help grow Current Time as a news brand.
- Works closely with digital and TV teams to add multimedia and visual elements to reporting.
- Willing and able to go out on reporting assignments in sometimes difficult environments.
- Works on other web assignments as needed, including posting news and videos from Current Time's TV products.
- Adheres to RFE/RL’s rigorous journalistic standards and ethics guidelines.
- University degree in journalism or the equivalent in experience is strongly preferred.
- At least four years of reporting experience in Russia and at least five years of experience working as a journalist
- Ability to understand and write about issues both in Russia and around the world.
- Strong and engaging writing skills with the ability to turn around important stories on deadline.
- Active user of social media with an established presence within the Russian market.
- Previous experience working within a CMS and ability to learn new skills.
- Innovator with the skills and vision to develop and work in new storytelling formats.
- Proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills-- a team player with ability to work effectively with individuals within and across teams.
- Commitment to journalistic integrity and objectivity.
- Russian language, native level, mandatory
- English language, intermediate level, mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.