The Audit & GL Accounting Manager is responsible for the timely and accurate recording of General Ledger (GL) transactions. The incumbent manages the corporate audits and related filings including the annual Financial Statement Audit, Single Audit, Retirement Plan Audits, VEBA Trust audit and filings of Forms 990 and 5500’s. Monthly, the position will maintain schedules, conduct monthly GL account reconciliations, research discrepancies, and propose adjusting entries. The Audit & GL Accounting Manager ensures GL entries follow Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Uniform Guidance, internal controls, corporate policies, legal and regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
General Ledger Accounting
- Prepare detailed journal entries and account analyses for the monthly recognition of accruals, amortizations, prepaids and deferrals with appropriate support documentation.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc account reconciliation reports of balance sheet accounts
- Identify discrepancies or inconsistencies and propose corrective action.
- Ensure GL entries and reconciliations are completed in accordance with established deadlines.
- Prepare and maintain detailed schedules for asset and liability accounts.
- Perform monthly revenue and expense analytical reviews upon request.
- Perform quarterly reconciliation of GL to Form 941, Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return.
- Analyze and prepare year-end accruals, ensuring accuracy of financial statements prior to audit.
- Serve as the primary liaison with external auditors and actuaries.
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
- Responsible for overall audit planning and follow up through each audit process, in agreement with the Comptroller and Director of Prague Finance.
- Manage audit sample requests and monitor for accuracy and compliance.
- Communicate audit project status to stakeholders throughout process.
- Prepare year end consolidated Corporate financial statements and footnotes.
- Prepare year end financial statements for VEBA Trust.
- Engage for and manage the actuarial analysis needed for both financial statement preparation (YE 9/30) and for the plan’s year end (YE 12/31).
- Prepare the census schedules for the postretirement actuarial analysis for all U.S. contract employees
- Ensure that audit issues are addressed timely and reviewed at the appropriate levels of management, including managing the development, distribution to responsible managers, and timely implementation of action plans resulting from Management Letter comments
- Prepare and ensure timely filing of Forms 990 for the Corporation and VEBA Trust
- Prepare Corporate Form 990 schedules and analyze data imported from audited financial statements for accuracy
- Prepare VEBA Form 990 and support schedules
- Prepare and ensure timely filing of regulatory reports for all retirement plans and VEBA Trust
- Review and validate census and social security information for retirement plans (Form 8955-SSA)
- Review and validate information on Forms 5500 for multiple plans prior to filing with Dept of Labor
- Ensure new accounting pronouncements are addressed and implemented timely
- Aid in the implementation of new accounting policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Maintain a central repository of documented financial procedures and policies.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Management or Finance required, Master’s degree desirable.
- Current Certified Public Accountant credentials required.
Minimum of 7 years of relevant Finance/Accounting experience with progressive, senior level responsibilities including a minimum of 3 years of experience managing audits.
- Proficient in non-profit audit and accounting, preferably in an international setting.
- Expert knowledge of Uniform Guidance and OMB audit standards.
- Highly effectual financial reporting and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to liaise effectively with auditors.
- Proven ability to manage projects
- Proven ability to analyze deficiencies and identify and implement process improvements.
- Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse internal and external partners at all levels to provide exceptional customer service.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and technical skills.
- Experience handling confidential, sensitive data with a high degree of discretion.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work independently and as the member of a team.
- Solid computer skills with advanced proficiency in Excel required.
- PeopleSoft experience preferred but not required.
Proficiency in English (Mandatory)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a D.C. basis only. Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of Washington D.C., or be willing to relocate. If selected for a D.C.-based position from another part of the United States, RFE/RL would cover the costs of interview travel and relocation upon appointment. RFE/RL offers a competitive salary and benefits package to include locality pay for employees based in Washington D.C.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment check from public sources.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.