We are looking for a Bureau Administrative & Accounting Specialist, who will support daily administration and accounting responsibilities of the News bureaus located throughout RFE/RL’s broadcast region. Expected scope of work is 25-30 hours a week.
• Secures administration and maintenance of Bureau Time and Attendance in PeopleSoft, monitors timely monthly closures, addresses system issues and monitors vacation limits in line with local labor laws.
• Helps streamline administrative processes in the bureaus in coordination with members of Bureau Finance & Administration
• Monitors and coordinates all new freelance applications in the bureau areas in coordination with members of Bureau Finance & Administration
• Provides analytical support to Manager, Bureau Finance & Administration (including, but not limited to compiling and analyzing data to identify trends or issues, working with comparison charts using various databases).
• Serves as a back-up to the Bureau Accountant and to other’s Bureau Finance & Administration duties as may be required.
• Accounting & Finance, Business Administration or related field, Bachelor’s Degree (Desirable)
• 2-5 years of hands on accounting experience, preferably in an international environment (Mandatory)
• Microsoft Excel proficiency (Mandatory)
• Familiarity with PeopleSoft or another finance database system (Desirable)
• Accuracy and detail orientation (Mandatory)
• Dependability and reliability (Mandatory)
• Customer service orientation (Mandatory)
• Proficiency in Czech and English (Mandatory)
• Knowledge of Russian or another broadcast region language considered a plus
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.