Radio Free Europe/ Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is seeking a Director of Human Resources with strategic vision and broad expertise who can partner with our executive leadership team to develop the organization to meet current and future challenges, create a high-performance working environment where employees thrive, and maintain RFE/RL’s high standards of excellence. This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly-qualified candidate with both US and international experience who wants to be part of an important mission and contribute toward making a difference in places where free media doesn’t exist. We offer an attractive expatriate package with benefits, and relocation costs are fully covered. With a direct reporting line to the President/CEO, the incumbent is an integral part of RFE/RL’s senior management team. The incumbent provides strategic and tactical Human Resources (HR) leadership across all RFE/RL international office locations, globally supporting 650+ full-time staff in Prague and Washington, D.C. as well as 400+ staff in field bureaus. S/he will strengthen the human resources function, successfully working across a broad, complex, expanding organization, adapting to evolving needs, and effectively managing change. The incumbent will also have demonstrated experience leading and managing HR challenges in an international setting, the diplomatic know-how to resolve situations in a diverse multinational employee population, and be able to provide sound guidance directly, and through the appropriate HR management professionals concerning: organizational development, performance management, salary and benefit administration, talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, employee resolution, workplace ethics, HRIS, employee relations and employment regulatory compliance as well as policy design/interpretation. S/he will be trusted to handle confidential information with utmost respect and discretion. Compassion, savvy, energy, enthusiasm and initiative are also key attributes for this position.
- Effectively develop, motivate, and manage the HR staff to ensure high quality, professional services are provided to all employees.
- Recommend improvements; implement and monitor the organization’s human resources policies, procedures and practices with expert advice and counsel to leadership; support the CEO on all human capital-related matters including fortifying and building the senior staff team.
- Work closely with General Counsel, Associate Counsel and Office of the President to support company policy and procedures and to manage organizational integrity issues.
- Identify both U.S. and Czech legal requirements and government compliance and reporting regulations affecting the HR function (e.g. EEO, OSHA, ERISA, etc.), monitor exposure of the company, and direct the preparation of information required for compliance and approve all information submitted.
- Ensure smart operational HR data information systems and processes.
- Direct and ensure best management practices and compliance of benefits programs, policies and procedures.
- Guide all levels of the organization, directly and through HR managers, to manage discipline- related matters, allowing concerns to be voiced, heard, and appropriately acted upon with proper discretion.
- Lead and oversee recruiting and inducting initiatives to ensure easy transition for new hires with orientation practices and training programs.
- Work closely with division management on employee and manager development strategies, to close skill “gaps” between current and future skill sets and competencies.
- Provide ongoing performance coaching to managers regarding issues of managerial style, communication, and employee and peer interactions.
- Direct the management of annual employee performance review and promotion processes.
- Oversee management of the company’s wage and salary structure and salary administration program.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, related discipline or the equivalent in experience (advanced degree is a plus).
- 15 years, progressive international and/or multinational HR director/leadership experience (news media experience is highly preferred).
- Possess strong self-awareness and an open, authentic leadership style.
- Proven analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and influencing skills.
- Exceptional ability to quickly build partnerships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to research, summarize, form conclusions and articulate recommendations.
- Possess both strategic thinking capability and “hands on" HR plan implementation experience with an ability to communicate and champion HR and company processes.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong mentoring and mediation skills.
- Versatility, flexibility and ability to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Ability to instill a high-performance culture with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to effectively deal with issues of cultural diversity and personalities in a changing environment.
- Knowledge of U.S., EU and international and local legislation pertaining to labor law and compliance.
- Understanding of expat life challenges, cultural norms and work-life balance issues.
- Experience working and negotiating with unions internationally (is an advantage).
- SHRM Certified Senior Professional (SPHR) strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility to understand and appreciate various perspectives on an issue, adapting as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in the organization.
- Ability to work with and direct a large team - to interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a busy and demanding work environment.
- Basic understanding of HRIS and strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- First language level in written and oral English.
- Proficiency in written and oral Czech or proficiency in target region languages, e.g. Russian is a plus but not required.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.