The Compensation and Benefits Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day administration of compensation and benefit-related activities. Helps address questions and provides proactive, timely and responsive support to ensure customer’s full understanding of their compensation and benefits. Strives to make the benefits delivery as efficient and effective as possible and to maximize the benefits value for the company funds spent. Reporting to the Compensation and Benefits Manager, s/he works collaboratively with all HR staff.
- Administers company benefits programs for all staff (including life insurance, health plans, disability plans, and retirement savings plan), submits and tracks insurance claims, administers leave plans and tracks absence through the relevant HR systems. Ensures strict confidentiality of medical-related information.
- Prepares and enters individual employee benefit data into the HR databases and performs periodic audits to ensure data and benefits files are current and accurate and that company benefit plans are consistently administered to comply with company policies and legal regulations.
- Modifies benefit administration guidelines within the systems as required to reflect changes in the company’s benefit plans and policies.
- Investigates escalated benefit issues with vendors and works with them to implement solutions (i.e. collects information, analyzes data, determines causes of issue, develops course of action and communicates facts/conclusions clearly and concisely).
- Works with the HR Managers as necessary to ensure the smooth handling of the cases and keeps them abreast of employee-related events that may affect employment.
- Regularly follows pay dates and administers benefits data entry for all benefits with respect to monthly payroll deadlines.
- Takes part in reconciliation and billing for all benefits to ensure timely submission of invoices and supporting documentation to Finance. Resolves administrative problems with carrier representatives.
- Supports the administration of retiree benefits, including collection of retiree premiums and update of records, as needed.
- Keeps abreast of changes, reviews, updates and provides timely benefit information to keep the intranet web page current and accurate.
- Provides input and proposals for devising new or revised benefit plans while also supporting implementation of policies, procedures that are compliant, competitive and in alignment with corporate goals.
- Coordinates special projects on request and performs other related duties assigned. Covers for other Compensation and Benefits Specialists in vacation or busy periods.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or related field or completion of a certificate program in employee benefits such as CEBS; or an equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
- Work Experience:
- Minimum 4 years progressively responsible experience in HR and/or benefits administration required.
- Strong time management skills with ability to plan, coordinate, organize, prioritize, and simultaneously implement multiple projects.
- Ability to effectively manage work independently and in a team environment, utilizing a high degree of professionalism, autonomy, and maturity in working with customers, peers, and managers required.
- Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality, impartiality and objective judgment in interactions with people. Must have tact and diplomacy at a professional level to deal with sensitive information and issues.
- Positive demeanor and highly dependable and motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills with demonstrated customer service commitment.
- Knowledge of Czech, U.S. and/or International human resources regulations and practices.
- High level of organizational recordkeeping skills, including databases, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in written and oral English and Czech.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.