We are looking for Senior Human Resources Specialist to provide first line customer service support by communicating with employees, contractors, departments, administrators, applicants and the government authorities for the purpose of providing information and assistance concerning employment and other related matters. You will carry out many routine tasks independently by providing support with recruitment and selection, job descriptions, onboarding, and the development and processing of employment agreements and amendments and related record updates. You will be reporting to Human Resources Manager based in Prague and expected to work closely with the Head of RFE/RL Representative Office and locally based managers on a variety of HR related issues.
- Works closely with the HR Manager and clients in crafting and posting vacancy or position announcements/advertisements. Creates requisitions for services and coordinates payment of invoices and related invoices. When required may coordinate and engage with external recruitment agencies.
- Scheduling appointments for interviews (including travel arrangements). Upon request completes reference checks for short-listed candidates. Ensures necessary information and data from potential and new hires is obtained prior to interviewing and testing (including CVs and other employment-related documentation).
- Pre-selects candidates by conducting initial applicant CV screening and telephone interviews as well as holding 1st round interviews for entry level or selected positions.
- Organizes and facilitates onboarding for new or reassigned employees, including liaison with other departments such as IT, and delivery of training sessions, as requested.
- Maintains Jobs and related databases ensuring they are complete and up-to-date, including appropriate responses to candidates.
- Prepares employment agreements, offer letters, agreement changes, addendums (extension notices, transfers, promotions, and other change actions).
- Enters Requests for Personnel Actions (RPAs) into PeopleSoft (new hires, promotions, extensions, assignments, data change, probationary period reports) as requested. And maintains PS database updated.
- Manages termination/checkout procedures to ensure they are completed at termination and all documents/forms are in place for the terminated employees.
- Prepares employment agreements and agreement changes for employees and contractors, RPAs for staff and updates Peoplesoft and Netsuite database.
- Reports new hires and terminations to the health insurance companies and social security offices, cooperate with Benefit and Administration department based in Prague regarding enrollment forms, applications and benefit related issues
- Creates employee personnel file and all related maintenance and recordkeeping (hard copy and electronic) for staff in client groups, and notifies appropriate departments of new employees. Prepares confirmation letters for employees.
- Working with HR Manager and the Bureau Administrator to ensure compliance to the Ukrainian labor legislation, provides support to HR Manager in labor relations and employment matters.
- Works with Learning and Development department based in Prague to coordinate in-house language programs and other company trainings.
- Provides guidance to employees and contractors on applying for residence permit/visa and the extensions of the permits/visa when applicable.
- Coordinates special projects upon request; performs other related duties assigned.
Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or related field or completion of a certificate program in HR administration; or an equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
Minimum 6 years progressively responsible experience in HR and/or benefits administration required.
- Must be flexible to occasionally upgrade skills and knowledge and be open to training and development in order to meet changing objectives and job conditions.
- Strong time management skills with ability to plan, coordinate, organize, prioritize, and simultaneously implement multiple projects.
- Ability to effectively manage work independently and in a team environment, utilizing a high degree of professionalism, autonomy, and maturity in working with customers, peers, and managers required.
- Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality, impartiality and objective judgment in interactions with people. Must have tact and diplomacy at a professional level to deal with sensitive information and issues.
- Positive demeanor and highly dependable and motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills with demonstrated customer service commitment.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian and/or International human resources regulations and practices.
- High level of organizational recordkeeping skills, including databases, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in written and oral English and Ukrainian languages.
- Working knowledge of Russian language, desirable.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants.
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.