Reporting to the Visa, Immigration & Permits (VIP) Manager, the VIP Administrative Clerk is responsible for submitting applications for work permits and resident permits (extensions) to Czech authorities and collecting the approved documents. In absence of VIP Specialists, s/he completes and submits applications for extensions of residence permits and reports of Immigration status changes to Immigration office. S/he accompanies non-Czech staff and their dependents when they have to appear personally at the Immigration Office and helps with translation in communication with Czech officers. The Administrative Clerk submits and collects supporting documents to be attested by a notary or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and documents that require an authorized translation. S/he helps with arranging health insurance for short and/or long term visas. S/he submits official Invitation applications for temporary visitors to the Czech Republic invited by RFE/RL at the Foreign Police. The incumbent of this position processes all applications to completion in strict accordance with Czech legal requirements for non-Czechs and visitors. It is important the incumbent foster good relations with all relevant authorities and RFE/RL partners.
- Submits applications for work permits in person at:
- Labor Office – opening of new positions
- Labor Office – work permits of new hires, extensions of issued work permits (incl. confirmations of continued validity) and reports changes during validity of the particular work permits, such as job position, validity of contract or new immigration status resulting in free access to Czech work market (permanent residency, EU citizenship etc.)
- Delivers and collects documents to/from Immigration Office:
- residence permit applications/extensions
- reports of changes (new passports, address or marital status)
- additional required documents to the submitted applications
- Completes and submits applications for extensions of residence permits at Immigration office in absence of specialists
- Completes and submits reports of changes of Immigration status of employees and dependents in absence of specialists
- Delivers and collects documents to/from the Foreign Police
- official invitations for business visitors of RFE/RL
- Assists personally staff and their dependents at Immigration Office:
- in process of providing biometric data for residence cards
- when receiving the biometric card after the second fingerprinting
- when staff and dependents apply for transitional visas
- accompanies staff and/or eligible dependents when personal appearance is requested by Immigration Law;
- Assists personally staff and their dependents at Foreign Police:
- when registering after first arrival to the territory of the Czech Republic with a newly issued visa if the residence address is not an RFE/RL company apartment;
- when registering EU staff and dependents without residence permits if the residence address is not an RFE/RL company apartment;
- when reporting changes related to the above categories
- Delivers and collects documents to/from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs :
- delivers applications for journalist accreditations and collects them
- arranges Apostilles or super-legalizations of documents
- Arranges notarized documents needed for submission of applications (notarized copies of work permits, diplomas, vital records, marriage certificates etc.)
- Delivers special individual applications related to particular cases (such as additional requested documents, requests to postpone due dates or for expedited processing of particular applications etc.) to the Immigration Office.
- Provides delivery service of documents to the translation agency including delivery and pick-up from private translators.
- Acts as translator between officials and staff and dependents as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned, such as regular communication with VIP team to keep everyone up-to-date, scanning, photocopying etc.
Education and Experience:
- General education (Secondary), mandatory
- Some part-time work experience, desirable
Skills and Competencies:
- Understands and meets customer needs in a helpful way, whether they are internal or external clients, mandatory
- Some understanding of the rules, regulations, and procedures governing the processes related to foreigners, desirable.
- Ability to maintain good relations with, officials of the Labor Office, Czech Immigration Office and Foreign Police, desirable.
- Communication skills, mandatory
- Previous experience with handling confidential data, desirable
- Dependability & reliability, mandatory
- Ability to work in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience with living and working abroad, mandatory
- Ability to work under pressure, desirable
- End-user knowledge of MS Office applications, desirable
- Proficiency in written and oral English and Czech, mandatory.
- Russian language (Working knowledge), desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.