Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Szabad Európa is seeking a skillful Data/Visual Journalist. In this position you will focus primarily on collecting, creating and using data and graphics in order to distill complex topics (e.g. economics and corruption) into user friendly, compelling, engaging, interactive, and interesting story presentations for multiple platform use (digital, web, social media & TV). You will take a direct role in the daily analysis of data production of info graphics, charts, graphs, etc. You must have experience in all phases of creating visualizations and microsites. Excellent people skills and a customer-oriented attitude are equally important, as you will be working every day in close collaboration with graphic designers and other specialist staff from across the organization both in Prague and in the bureaus. You are expected to stay on top of world news, attend editorial meetings, communicate with clarity, and keep a flexible schedule.
• Designs online interactives, including microsites, and design elements for feature content.
• Works closely with writers, editors and other designers to create visual projects under tight deadlines.
• Makes sense of difficult data sets and presents compelling stories around them.
• Develops bots, games and other tools, with a specific focus on a positive and informative experience, particularly for mobile consumption.
• Stays current with state%u2011of%u2011the%u2011art data visualization practices, including web design/mobile/tablet/desktop UI, graphic presentation, interactivity and other relevant areas; provides guidance and support in those areas.
• Provides design and execution for web page, web page elements, HTML emails, site promotions, partner channels, print collateral and other site features/enhancements.
- Educated in Graphic Design, Coding, Journalism or a related field (BA %u2011 Bachelor degree desirable)
- Experience in developing multimedia visualizations, with an online portfolio of recent projects/work,
- Experience in editing with Adobe Premiere including creating content using AfterEffects, PhotoShop and Illustrator and other core production skills.
- Highly motivated and well-organized with the ability to generate original ideas consistently.
- Excellent teamwork and the ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills needed to build positive relationships within RFE/RL and outside broadcasters.
- Expertise in Illustrator and Photoshop or equivalents
- Desire to grow professionally and an interest in general understanding of business are welcome.
• Hungarian language Native level
• English language Proficient
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.