Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty seeks a Bureau Video Librarian to support the growth and development of the RFE/RL Digital News Library and Archives. The Bureau Video Librarian will report directly to the Manager of the Digital News Library in Prague and manage archive and library content at the Service’s Bureau. This Bureau Video Librarian will help to develop and build the Local Bureau Library and play a role as part of the team of Bureau Video Librarian-Archivists across the RFE/RL Services and Channels. In conjunction with the Prague Video Archives, the Bureau Video Librarian will establish, test, implement and provide ongoing maintenance of Library Archive tools and workflows at both the Bureau and the Prague Archive. This role will organize and describe select video assets in the Bureau for permanent retention, selecting from both Broadcast and Web news products based on RFE/RL News Archives Collection Policies. The Bureau Video Librarian will catalog in both English and the native language(s) of the Service. The Bureau Librarian-Archivist must be familiar with local and global news subjects relevant to the RFE/RL Services, with a direct focus on local Bureau and Regional topics and languages. The Bureau Video Librarian will be employed by the local bureau, which will administer scheduling, pay, time and attendance.
- Identifies and collects for archive all Bureau video relevant to the local Bureau and to the RFE/RL Services
- Creates original catalog records in both English and the non-English native language of the Bureau.
- Selects and deliver video to be archived to the Prague Archives.
- Assists in developing and enhancing media cataloging and archive protocols and procedures at the Bureau Libraries.
- Maintains an awareness of the Video Librarian function across the RFERL Service network.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) required in Library Science, Information or Records Management, Archives Management, or related field.
- Experience in information services (1-3 years).
- Demonstrated experience with digital media metadata.
- Experience in one or more following: taxonomies and thesauri, relational databases, indexing, name-and subject-authorities, controlled vocabulary.
- Demonstrated project management and team leadership experience.
- Basic video editing skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed.
- Kyrgyz language, native to near-native (Mandatory)
- English language, advanced (Mandatory)
- Russian language, native to near-native (Advantage)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.