Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty seeks a Bureau Media Manager to regulate and manage life-cycles of media files and assets created at the Bureau. The Bureau Media Manager will report to the Manager of the RFE/RL Digital News Library, and will play a key role in supporting the daily file management (creation, delivery, deletion) and routing of media assets in the Bureau. The Bureau Media Manager will coordinate and collaborate with Engineers, Technicians, IT, and System Administrators in the Bureau and Prague as needed. The Bureau Media Manager will assist in delivering files to other Bureaus and the Prague Broadcast Headquarters via various outgoing file delivery methods, baseband, IP routing, or other distribution methods. The Bureau Media Manager will assist in receiving incoming files from dedicated and third-party file delivery paths, from Bureau feeds or IP Routing, or from other distribution methods The Bureau Media Manager will be in charge of monitoring and controlling file creation, growth, and purging on regular schedules to maintain the operating health of Bureau Production Storage and delivery environments. The Bureau Media Manager will be employed by the local bureau, which will administer scheduling, pay, time and attendance.
- Based on overall File Management Policies and Retention Schedules derived by Editorial, Archives and Engineering, controls File and Folder maintenance on the Bureau Production Storage NAS, or related storage. On a daily basis, assesses and manages the Production Storage NAS by manual and automated file management tasks in relation to daily and weekly News Production schedules.
- Compiles and prepares video files chosen by Bureau Librarian for archive. Concatenates multiple camera-originals, prepares designated files for archive ingesting and cataloging by the Bureau Librarian. Provides QA/QC, normalizing, or transcoding on these files as needed. Works in close conjunction with the Bureau Librarian to identify and prepare files for archive. With the Bureau Librarian creates schedules of review, compilation and deletion of files from the Production Storage for archiving. Troubleshoots and repairs files where possible.
- Coordinates with Video Archives (Prague), and Engineering (Prague), and Bureau Production Teams on the arrangement and structuring of the File Directory for the Bureau’s Production Storage NAS, based on the combined needs of Production and Archive practices.
- Manages local ingests (in person, on site delivery via card/recording device) to a central, designated location on Production Storage. Troubleshoots and repairs files where possible.
- Coordinates ingests from the Field and from Bureau to Bureau (remote delivery via Internet/FTP) to a central, designated location on Production Storage. Troubleshoots and repairs files where possible.
- Coordinates any file transfers within the Production Storage NAS to make newly created files available to Production Teams. Educates Production Teams on the policies and procedures for accessing files in designated locations on Production Storage.
- Collaborates with Engineering and/or IT to regulate permissions and access to Production Storage NAS.
- Collaborates with Engineers and/or IT to plan for additional storage growth, and additional file management or file delivery technology, as needed. Collaborates with Engineers and Production Teams on creating future media workflows to meet future technology needs.
- Cooperates closely with the Bureau Administrator and the respective Service Team in Prague.
- Bachelor’s Degree [or equivalent] preferred in a related field or subject area: Video/Audio Production, Engineering, or Telecommunications
- Experience in broadcast or digital media distribution environment (3-5 years).
- Demonstrated experience with the following technologies or practices
- DNG/ENG Field recording and video delivery workflows
- Linear broadcast and non-linear digital distribution workflows
- Transcode and encoding software (Telestream Vantage, Adobe Media Encoder, ffmpeg,
- Harmonics ProCoder, Digital Rapids Transcode Manager, Amberfin iCR, etc)
- File analysis and QC software (TreeSize, Interra Baton, Rhozet)
- File delivery software (FTP, and WAN-accelerated: Signiant, Aspera, Latakoo, Elemental, etc.)
- Live streaming (Youtube, Facebook, Live U, etc) file, and/or Base-band feed delivery protocols and practices
- Video Editing software (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, Media Composer, News Cutter, etc)
- Current video formats, framerates, codecs and containers; current audio file formats.
- Familiarity with Media / Digital Asset Management systems (Dalet, Avid, Viz, Arvato VPMS)
- Experience in storage (SAN and NAS) management.
- Basic video editing skills.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Demonstrated project management skills and proven experience with successful team building
- Ability to quickly anticipate, trouble-shoot and resolve problems.
- Keen attention to detail and highly organized.
- Experience working in a video news gathering operation (broadcast or online), desirable.
- Ability to effectively communicate, carry out directives, lead groups, and professionally maintain client-customer relationships in a diverse, inclusive, multi-lingual work environment.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed.
- Ukrainian Language, native to near-native (Mandatory)
- English language, advanced (Preferred)
- Russian language, native to near-native (Preferred)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.