The incumbent will be based in Prague and will report to the Associate Counsel. The incumbent will provide legal advice to Prague office and bureaus (including preparation of legal research, documents, contracts) in assistance / coordination with the Associate Counsel and the General Counsel.
- Provide legal advice on various issues related to Czech law (and related EU law) and jurisdictions in which RFE/RL operates.
- Communication and cooperation with internal clients on various legal issues (including labor, civil, administrative, contractual, data protection law).
- Prepare various types of internal documents required by applicable law, preparation and review of basic contracts and amendments.
- Coordinate cooperation with law firms, mainly abroad (prepare tenders for legal services, communication with law firms, payment of invoices).
- Assist the Associate Counsel and the General Counsel with various projects as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the legal team (prepare requisitions, ensure payment of legal fees, etc.).
- All tasks will be performed in close cooperation with the Associate Counsel / the General Counsel and under their supervision.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Law MA - Master’s degree from the Czech Republic or student of the last year of law MA
- Labor & Legal Compliance or paralegal experience up to 2 years.
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment, or experience living and working abroad, is a plus
- Ability to effectively deal with issues of cultural diversity and personalities in a changing environment.
- Ability to draft and create various documents such as contracts, memos, policies.
- Ability to research, form conclusions and articulate recommendations.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use a methodical approach to breaking down complex problems or processes into their constituent parts; to analyze problems to arrive at an appropriate solution.
- Communication skills, written and verbal.
- Negotiating skills.
- Knowledge of Czech legislation is essential.
- End-user knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of ASPI.
- Czech language Native (Mandatory)
- English language Proficient (Mandatory)
- Russian language – elementary knowledge (Welcomed)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.