We are looking for a Systems Administrator to our Information Technology department. The Systems Administrator will perform a variety of tasks associated with the installation and administration of servers and business applications. The position is responsible for day-to-day maintenance of these systems, including troubleshooting, upgrades, server and network-related issues, user support, security, disaster recovery and data backups.
• Provides creative troubleshooting and support for the related production systems, services and users
• Routinely installs, monitors and, and maintains server infrastructure, end user computer systems, applications and database systems.
• Installs, manages and supports business software applications.
• Maintains and monitors Microsoft Windows infrastructures.
• Ensures successful implementation and maintenance of the defined policies and procedures.
• Prepares disaster recovery plans and updates them periodically.
• Administers system and application security, including creating customer profiles and accounts.
• Assists with desktop and user support issues when required, providing 2nd and 3rd level support.
• Tracks issues and resolutions.
• Maintains system documentation
To perform this job successfully, this individual must able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
• 3 – 5 years’ experience in administering Windows servers in a corporate environment.
• Knowledge of operating systems and networking protocols.
• Knowledge of malware protection and troubleshooting.
• Windows infrastructure administration and maintenance.
• Knowledge of system, application and data security.
• Ability to communicate in written and spoken English.
• Previous radio or television production support environment or equivalent experience would be a strong asset.
• Excellent problem investigation and solving skills in a complex technical environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail, especially as it pertains to process execution, testing, following policy and procedures, change management, maintaining an orderly technology environment, labeling, and documenting.
• Strong customer service orientation with the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks based on commitments.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively supervisors, peers and clients.
• Demonstrated flexibility, initiative and motivation to achieve specific goals.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.