This position requires a strong working knowledge of a wide range of broadcast and content management technology. He or she will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer. The Director must be comfortable in managing and developing staff engineering technical skills to support advanced video production equipment and technologies in Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty Studio and bureaus. Will be a primary planner and reviewer of building modifications and build outs both in Prague and at bureaus. Must be able to help plan and support the technologies used in international newsgathering including IP and Satellite-based transmissions. Good communication and interpersonal skills are paramount as this person will work closely with the Senior Staff and a highly diverse, multi-national group of employees. In this role the Director, Broadcast Engineering provides vision and leadership in cooperation with the Senior Staff for the entire organization.
• Manage studio, bureau and field engineering staff.
• Manage and coordinate facilities services and maintenance with building provided maintenance staff.
• Ensure that staff has proper technical knowledge in the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of advanced and specialized broadcast systems in use by RFE/RL to enable design, implementation and maintenance of these systems.
• Work with Senior Staff to define and implement vision and goals across the company.
• Define and inspire high-level engineering work quality.
• Disseminate accurate information to supervisors, direct reports, and other colleagues in a timely manner.
• Handle budgets for broadcast engineering and purchases across multiple facilities.
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within project scope and budget.
• Successfully establish and manage relationships with all stakeholders in engineering and building projects.
• Report and escalate to management as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent in work experience) and minimum 10 years’ experience in broadcast engineering at a broadcast, video production or cable television facility, performing hands-on work on productions and live events, international newsgathering.
• Experience building, maintaining and updating infrastructure on a network-wide basis.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience managing technical staff and projects including part-time and contract staff with demonstrated ability to improve performance, output and quality.
• Proficient IT skills related to modern media asset management, automation, encoding, broadcast graphics systems and video play-out systems.
Proficient in systems integration design, planning and implementation.
• Solid understanding of ATSC Transport Streams and related technology.
• Experience with satellite uplinks and IP video transmission links.
• Skilled in all facets of project management.
• Knowledgeable about international broadcasting rules and regulations.
• Proven ability to successfully plan, coordinate, and execute tactically and strategically.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills including outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Demonstrated ability to adjust to competing demands from multiple directions, and to balance shifting priorities across a range of stakeholder groups.
• Demonstrated ability to manage through difficult and stressful situations, work under deadline pressure.
• Experience with live studio, bureau and field production.
• Strong computer skills.
• Ability to maintain a flexible schedule as needed to handle engineering and news related needs.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.