The IT Infrastructure Manager will have responsibility for the operation and improvement of RFE/RL’s IT infrastructure, incl. its design, delivery, oversight of its day-to-day operations and ensuring its systems, services, and infrastructure work reliably and securely.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of IT systems that fulfil the needs of the business, including the full life cycle of technical architecture, infrastructure engineering, infrastructure operations, and IT service support.
- Maintain currency on new technologies and platforms and provide direction on what emerging technologies should be assimilated, integrated, and introduced to ensure IT capabilities respond to business needs.
- Maintain, improve and ensure processes, key performance metrics, policies and procedures to a successful level of business satisfaction and service levels.
- Lead and manage a team of Systems Administrators that implements and maintains IT infrastructure platforms.
- Drive prevention and resolution of major incidents with due urgency; ensure strong problem management and root cause analysis to identify and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Manage planning activities, including road-mapping, release planning, and development of documented solution visions and roadmaps
- Manage required documentation for projects, presentations, business cases, project vision documents, business requirements, data process flows, product release notes and product training documentation.
- Recognize critical IT systems must operate 24x7x365 and understand the need to work outside office hours.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Preferably a university degree in information technology;
- Alternatively, secondary technical education backed-up with relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated work experience in leading IT infrastructure architecture, implementation and management;
- Successful track record in managing technical staff, people management skills;
- Active Directory administration;
- SharePoint administration;
- Windows Server virtualization;
- Configuring and administering identity management solutions;
- Implementing and supporting workplace collaboration software;
- Additional technologies such as DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, PKI, etc.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.