We are currently seeking a User Support Technician who will be responsible for providing technical support to computer users.
- Records and responds to requests for help and provides technical solutions to desktop computer users.
- Configures, installs, tests and supports desktop computers, laptop computers, printers, monitors and other general peripherals.
- Diagnoses hardware and software failures, communicates the remediation plans to users, and provides status updates.
- Installs, maintains, and tests software applications.
- Works closely with server administrators, and network engineers to resolve technical problems related to desktop computing.
- Provides technical support to users in a proactive and professional manner.
- Provides other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Secondary Technical Institute welcome.
- Experience in the relevant technical discipline is a plus.
- Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial and yet demanding work environment (Mandatory).
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 (Windows 7) operating system (Mandatory).
- Solid knowledge of MS Office 2013 and 2016 (Mandatory).
- IT systems configuration (Mandatory).
- Provides first line support for computers users and is responsible for ensuring that software applications are effectively tested and implemented to best serve the needs of computers users (Mandatory).
- Understands and meets customer needs in a helpful way, whether they are internal or external clients (Mandatory).
- English language Working Knowledge, Oral + Written (Mandatory).
- Czech language Proficient (Mandatory).
- Broadcast region language Working Knowledge, Oral + Written (Desirable).
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.