Reporting to the IT Support Manager, the IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical support to computer users. The IT Support Specialist works on flexible shifts to cover operational needs of RFE/RL. It consists of working on morning (7:00 AM – 3:30 PM), regular (9:00 AM – 5:30 PM), evening (1:30 PM – 9:00 PM), weekend shifts (9:00 AM – 5:30 PM) and On Call duties.
What we do in Information Technology department:
We are a team of IT specialists who provide the information technology required to fulfill RFE/RL mission. Our main goal is to support 700+ users, 1000+ computers and 100+ video editing stations in our headquarters in Prague but from time to time we also help our colleagues in Washington D.C. and other 23 countries. After all, our work is not just about technology - we help people do their jobs.
What we can offer:
• A unique, multinational employer with a great history and presence in providing accurate and reliable news and information to domestic audiences in the local languages (rferl.org).
• Competitive salary.
• Good benefits package: Vacation (after three years of service - 25 days), Holidays (a corporate holiday schedule with holidays added to Czech statutory holidays), Fitness Benefit (membership in a fitness center network), Sick Leave (13 workdays of paid sick leave per year), Medical Care on Premises, Public Transportation Pass, Meal Allowance, Summer Allowance, Retirement Savings Program, Language Courses, Life Insurance, Relocation Benefit (One-way travel and transportation expenses for employees hired outside the Czech Republic).
• Training and development opportunities – internal and external.
• Friendly team and positive working environment.
• Permanent employment (after one-year contract).
Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Records and responds to requests for help and provides technical solutions to desktop computer users.
• Configures, installs, tests and supports desktop computers, laptop computers, printers, monitors and other general peripherals.
• Diagnoses hardware and software failures, communicates the remediation plans to users, and provides status updates.
• Installs, maintains, and tests software applications.
• Works closely with server administrators, and network engineers to resolve technical problems related to desktop computing.
• Provides technical support to users in a proactive and professional manner.
• Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial and yet demanding work environment (Mandatory).
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 operating system (Mandatory).
• Solid knowledge of MS Office 365 Apps (Mandatory).
• IT systems configuration (Mandatory).
• English + Czech language (Mandatory).
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.