Reporting to the Director, Pangea Digital, the Project Manager is responsible for running and managing the projects in Pangea Digital department.
What we do and what we offer:
What we do in Pangea Digital:
We are a team of web developers, testers, designers, product managers, systems administrators and customer care specialists who build customize web solutions for Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, Voice of America, Middle East Broadcasting Networks and Office of Cuban Broadcasting.
We design and develop News Websites, Mobile Apps, Smart TV Apps, our custom Pangea Content Management System, Media Asset Management System – for more information about Pangea products look at http://www.pangea-cms.com/ and about Pangea team at www.facebook.com/PangeaCMS.
What we can offer:
• A unique, multinational employer with a great history and presence in providing accurate and reliable news and information to domestic audiences in the local languages (rferl.org).
• Work on content management systems for journalists who make difference in the world (more than 100 websites in more than 50 languages).
• Competitive salary.
• Good benefits package: Vacation (after three years of service - 25 days), Holidays (a corporate holiday schedule with holidays added to Czech statutory holidays), Fitness Benefit (membership in a fitness center network), Sick Leave (13 workdays of paid sick leave per year), Medical Care on Premises, Public Transportation Pass, Meal Allowance, Summer Allowance, Retirement Savings Program, Language Courses, Life Insurance, Relocation Benefit (One-way travel and transportation expenses for employees hired outside the Czech Republic).
• Training and development opportunities – internal and external.
• Friendly team and positive working environment.
• Permanent employment (after one-year contract).
Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Manages all projects and releases for the Pangea Digital team.
• Is responsible for setting major and minor release dates for all applications supported by Pangea Digital.
• Cooperates closely with Pangea management and team leaders to ensure all tasks of the respective teams are followed through.
• Assigns tasks and projects to the members of the project teams and monitors their performance.
• Writes functional and technical specifications upon request.
• Responsible for collaborating and distributing release notes.
• Proven experience with leading successful software development projects.
• General project management experience, leading a project team– at least 3 years.
• Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, interacting and operating effectively with others within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment.
• Knowledge of and ability to utilize formal project management methodologies.
• Presentation and Team management skills.
• Customer oriented approach / personality.
• English language is a must, Czech language nice to have.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.