Performs a variety of tasks associated with the installation and administration of Pangea Digital infrastructure (servers, storages, PCs/laptops) and Pangea business applications (CMS, TV, GO & others). Is responsible, under supervision, for day-to-day maintenance of these systems and applications, including troubleshooting, upgrades, server and network-related issues, user support, security, disaster recovery and data backups.
- Responsible for supporting, troubleshooting and maintaining servers running on Microsoft Windows 2008-16 systems and related Microsoft products like MS SQL, WSUS, Domain environment, MS windows clustering, IIS8, HYPER-V, SYSTEM CENTER FAMILY PRODUCTS etc.
- Installs new / maintain existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage - COMPELLENT, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Performs daily system monitoring (system center, Nagios), verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes.
- Installs, manages and supports business software applications.
- Provides with desktop and user support, when required.
- Tracks issues and resolutions.
- Maintains system documentation.
Qualifications & Competencies
- At least some experience in the relevant technical discipline.
- Administration and troubleshooting of MS windows server 2008-2016 systems as an administrator, mandatory;
- Knowledge of web protocols, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, mandatory;
- Administering applications in the Windows IIS environment is an added advantage;
- MS SQL 2012-2016 database administration is an added advantage;
- Knowledge with MS windows clustering is an added advantage;
- Knowledge of DMZ and network infrastructure (WAN and LAN) load balancing, TCP, IP, DNS is an added advantage;
- Basic experience with Windows Scripting Power Shell and TSQL scripting;
- Familiarity of MS System center family software is an added advantage;
- DELL servers’ hardware knowledge is an added advantage;
- Familiarity with audio video streaming technologies is an added advantage;
- Knowledge of DELL-EMC Compellent storage system is an added advantage.
- Willingness to work in 24*7 environment (8.5 hours normal shift and on call service during night and weekends);
- Willingness to learn new things and to improve current skills in desired environment;
- Intermediate knowledge of written and spoken English;
- Czech or broadcast language an advantage
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.