We are looking for a skilful Multimedia Technician. In this position you will support a variety of TV and video productions, including LIVE. You will also operate digital video/audio electronic equipment, record and edit video and content/feeds. You will work closely with clients, support multimedia field production, TV and video studio operations. This position involves working over public holidays, weekend, as well as shift work. You should be able to multitask work across various roles within a TV studio control room. Working knowledge of English language is mandatory, other broadcast region language is an advantage.
- Specialized education in audio-visual arts and/or specialized training in the operation of television broadcasting equipment;
- At least 5 years of experience in working in a live television and radio control room and digital editing;
- Operate video, audio and lighting equipment for live or studio/remote location shoots, and video playback of pre-recorded programs;
- Knowledge of television production requirements and television production process;
- Knowledge of vision mixing software and equipment;
- English language (Proficient), mandatory;
- Broadcast region language an advantage;
Main Responsibilities of position
- Performs the duties of video switcher operator: edits video and TV programs live as they are being transmitted or recorded; works with the Director to visually create the program;
- Operates television equipment to record, edit, mix and prepare material for broadcast;
- Ensures quality presentation of vision and other video effects in the production of live and pre-recorded programs;
- Operates TV studio control room;
- Edits news and feature videos for the Multimedia department, the services’ websites, and services’ TV broadcasts;
- Manages music, subtitles, graphics, and effects for video projects;
- Operates cameras in the TV studio and in field reporting;
- Acts as an audio engineer for video and radio broadcasts and web programs;
- Sets up lighting for studio and field productions;
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.