We are looking for a professional Field news camera operator. The camera operator supports a variety of television programs and video productions for all RFE/RL services both in Prague and throughout the RFE/RL broadcast region. The operator works closely with producers and directors in a variety of field and studio productions, and is expected to gatherer high-quality video content, efficiently and quickly, in challenging environments. Fluent English knowledge is required and it is preferred to speak the broadcast region language. Applicants with specialized audio-visual education and experience should only apply! If you are interested in this position attach to your CV and motivation letter also samples of your audiovisual work.
- Specialized Education in arts.
- Specialized training in the operation of television broadcasting equipment.
- Minimum 5 year experience in broadcast news television as camera operator.
- Experience in live studio production – camera and lighting.
- Ability to communicate with people effectively and work within a team.
- Ability to learn new complex subjects quickly including new technologies.
- Basic administrative skills (e.g. complete forms and reports).
- Ability to perform physical duties of the job.
- Knowledge of broadcast grade cameras (XDCAM, AVCHD), lighting, microphones.
- Understanding of video formats, codecs, standards.
- Working knowledge of field and studio lighting techniques and technology.
- English language, mandatory.
- Broadcast region language (Working Knowledge Oral), preferred.
Main responsibilities of position
- Operates ENG cameras and equipment, including lights and microphones, in the field as well as in TV studios.
- Edits, cuts-down and feeds video material from the field in a timely manner.
- Works closely with the producer/director on shoots to determine the best way to visually cover an event, news story, or program.
- Offers advice on how best to shoot a scene, explaining the visual impact created by particular shots. Cooperates closely with other crew members including sound technicians, lighting experts and talent to determine filming sequences, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements.
- Composes and frames shots, monitors light, lenses, filters and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors and producers.
- Able to work independently, being responsible for camera, lighting and sound, when filming on location.
- Maintains, cleans and tests news-gathering equipment – cameras, microphones, lights etc. to ensure proper working condition. Prepares equipment prior to filming.
- Troubleshoots in the field to solve technical issues.
- Willing to work flexible hours and travel abroad at short notice.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.