We are looking for a skillful Senior Lighting Technician / Studio Camera operator. In this position you will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of lighting/camera schemes and layouts in RFE/RL’s Prague TV studios. The right candidate should have highly developed technical and creative skills. You will work closely with show producers, directors and other operational staff to fulfill the visual and creative desires of the production. The position involves shift work, including weekends, evenings, nights, public holidays and on-call to support a 24 hour broadcast schedule. Working knowledge of English language is mandatory, other broadcast region language is an advantage.
• Specialized Education in audio-visual arts;
• Specialized training in the operation of television broadcasting equipment;
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in broadcast TV lighting & studio camera operation;
• Experience in live studio production – camera and lighting;
• Work experience with robotic camera operation;
• Ability to communicate with people effectively and work within a team, mandatory;
• Ability to learn new complex subjects quickly including new technologies, mandatory;
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
• Basic administrative skills (e.g. complete forms and reports), mandatory;
• Ability to quickly anticipate, trouble-shoot and solve technical problems, mandatory;
• Ability to perform physical duties of the job; must have ability to lift and move equipment up to 25 lbs. (12 kgs);
• Ability to work at height in a TV studio;
• Ability to maintain good working relationships with external and internal clients, colleagues, and supervisors;
• Knowledge of broadcast lighting/camera equipment and trends;
• Working knowledge of field lighting techniques and technology.
• English Language, mandatory;
• Broadcast region language (working knowledge oral), preferred.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
• Determines lighting requirements for all Prague studio programming;
• Designs lighting schemes to fulfill the visual, creative, technical and operational desires of the production;
• Works closely with show directors and producers to turn their vision into a lighting design;
• Works closely with show directors and producers to determine camera angles and movements;
• Maintains light fixtures and ensures lights and associated equipment are in working order, as well as maintains an inventory and documentation of fixtures;
• Works with Broadcast Engineers to rig lighting fixtures and ensures cables are safely managed;
• Programs and operates lighting consoles to ensure consistency for regular programming;
• Manages lighting and cameras in multiple studios to fulfill daily production needs;
• Works with operation staff in bureaus to help improve lighting techniques and studio lights and camera management;
• Trains other operational staff on lighting techniques and management, and studio camera operation.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.