Reporting to the Director of Digital Newsgathering. The Digital Newsgathering Engineer is responsible for daily support for all Digital Newsgathering operational aspects of the Radio Free Europe/Radio, including bureau facilities. He/She will specifically support Digital Newsgathering, Feeds and Circuits. This position requires experience, knowledge and the ability to learn to support a wide range of current and emerging broadcast newsgathering technologies. Good communication and interpersonal skills are paramount as this person will work closely with the news and engineering staffs of international employees on a regular basis.
• Manage and support systems for remote newsgathering both live and store and forward over IP on both dedicated and public internet links.
• Support systems and workflow for routing and sharing of IP video throughout the RFE/RL network
• Working with RFE/RL News, Operations and Engineering staff, manage, schedule and route newsgathering sources to and from destinations.
• Support field newsgathering crews
• Train field newsgathering crews on best use of live and store and forward equipment
• Disseminate accurate information in a timely manner
• Report and escalate to management as needed
• Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent in work experience) and minimum 5 years’ experience in broadcast news environment.
• Experience in supporting multinational staff
• Proficient IT skills related to modern low latency video streaming systems over low bandwidth.
• Proficient IT/Network security skills
• Experience with video edit systems and compression technologies for store and forward content.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills including outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
• Demonstrated ability to adjust to competing demands from multiple directions, and balance shifting priorities across a range of stakeholder groups
• Demonstrated ability to manage through difficult and stressful situations, work under deadline pressure
• Strong computer skills including server maintenance
• English and Czech language – proficient
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.