Data Visualization Web Developer
Come to Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty where your passion for great design and storytelling will make a difference in the world. At RFE/RL, we broadcast to millions of people in countries where democracy and freedom is something that people must fight for daily. Your work will truly be design that matters.
Our Internet department, PANGEA DIGITAL, is currently looking for a new colleague for the position of Data Visualization Web Developer.
What would you do?
- Working together with the Data-viz team on complex microsites and infographics.
- Translate design into pixel-perfect and performance optimal implementation.
- Creating complex web animations for enhanced visual storytelling.
- Working on inhouse microsite building system (Create).
- Introduce the latest technology trends to streamline team’s workflow and process.
- Maintain and enhance current web applications to address day-to-day development requests for RFE/RL’s web products.
- You will have a direct influence on the product.
- Work in a very talented multi-national team.
Who are you?
- You are creative, detail oriented and love solving problems - design thinking is a plus.
- You can quickly anticipate, trouble-shoot and resolve problems, and work independently and with minimal supervision.
- You have professional knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS, JSON, XML, very good knowledge of vanilla JS and modern frameworks such as React.js, ability to use Git.
- You keep in touch with latest front-end trends.
- You can develop new features and components within the given software.
- You have experience with complex web animations, webGL knowledge is a plus.
- You have basic knowledge of Adobe CC and prototyping tools such as Figma.
- You are a good team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment.
- You already have a portfolio of several web projects.
What can we offer?
- A meaningful job where your work will make an impact on others.
- A friendly and relaxed team of people who love making things for the web.
- Working on award-winning products with cutting-edge technologies.
- Reasonable work-life balance.
- A great benefits package (Multisport card, public transportation allowance, life insurance, pension fund contributions, language courses, professional trainings, meal contributions and great canteen with multinational dishes).
- State-of-the-art broadcasting headquarters near Zelivskeho metro station.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.