8 July 2005 (RFE/RL) -- Britain's interior minister is warning that the bombers who attacked London on Thursday could strike again.
In interviews with British television and radio today, Home Secretary Charles Clarke said the possibility of another attack is now the "main preoccupation" of police and security services.
Clarke also said Britain is taking seriously a claim of responsibility for the bombings by a group calling itself the Secret Group of Al-Qaeda's Jihad in Europe.
But he said authorities have also not ruled out other forms of terrorism, including non-Islamic, in the blasts that killed at last 37 and injured 700.
He said investigators are also looking into whether suicide bombers were involved or whether mobile phones were used to detonate the bombs, as in last year's Madrid train bombings.
b>See also:London Explosions Interrupt G-8 SummitPolice Say 37 Dead In London BlastsEurope Proving To Be A Growing Base For Al-Qaeda