Iraqi authorities say they have exhumed the remains of 470 of people believed to have been summarily killed by Islamic State (IS) militants near the city of Tikrit last year.
Ziad al-Abbas, the chief doctor at Baghdad's main mortuary, said on May 28 that the exhumed remains came from four burial sites, including one which contained 400 bodies.
Health Minister Adila Hammoud said the first list of the names of those identified is expected to be released next week.
IS militants captured some 1,700 mostly Shi'ite soldiers from Camp Speicher on the outskirts of Tikrit, about 140 kilometers from Baghdad, in June 2014.
The IS extremist group claimed to have killed the troops shortly afterward and posted graphic videos and pictures of the executions on social media.
Government troops and allied forces retook Tikrit from the militants about two months ago
Based on reporting by AFP and IraqiNews.com