Five people have been killed in eastern Afghanistan after gunmen opened fire on a sporting ground.
A provincial spokesman, Sarhadii Zhouak, said the attack took place on January 23 in Alinghar district in Laghman Province.
The attackers fled the scene.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility, but Zhouak blamed the Taliban.
The Taliban severely restricted sports and public celebrations when it ruled the country.
Afghan President Hamid Karzai issued a statement condemning the attack.
Last week, four young men were killed in southern Kandahar Province when a rocket, allegedly fired by Taliban militants, struck a football field.
Meanwhile, in southern Helmand Province, police said they found the body of slain journalist Noor Ahmad Noori late on January 23.
The 30-year-old Noori worked for the local Radio Busd and had been abducted earlier in the day.
Based on reporting by dpa and AFP