Sunday, October 26, 2014


Afghanistan

ISAF Commander Condemns Afghan Suicide Attack

By RFE/RL
The commander of the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Afghanistan has condemned a suicide car-bomb attack that killed at least five civilians and injured more than 15 others.

The bomber apparently tried to hit a NATO convoy, but missed and instead exploded his vehicle near civilians in the Tagab district of eastern Kapisa Province.

U.S. General John Allen, the ISAF commander, called the January 25 attack a “brutal act of violence.”

In a written statement, Allen said the attack “underscores that the innocent people of Afghanistan are the real victims” of insurgent operations.

He said the attack reaffirmed his belief that the insurgents “have no respect or regard for the Afghan people."

The statement said more than 3,400 Afghan civilians died in insurgent attacks last year.

Most Popular