Friday, October 24, 2014


Azerbaijan

One Azerbaijani, Two Karabakh Soldiers Killed In Latest Shootings

Authorities in Azerbaijan's breakaway region of Nagorno-Karabakh say two of their soldiers have been shot dead by Azerbaijani forces.

The de facto Defense Ministry of the unrecognized republic said that Azerbaijan's armed forces attacked Nagorno-Karabakh’s positions in the region's north on July 31, killing two Nagorno-Karabakh soldiers.

Meanwhile, Azerbaijan's Defense Ministry said on July 31 that Armenian forces had violated the cease-fire 96 times in the last 24 hours.

Media reports in Azerbaijan say one Azerbaijani soldier was killed in the July 31 shooting.

Baku and Yerevan remain locked in hostilities over Nagorno-Karabakh, which was seized from Azerbaijan by Armenian-backed separatists during a war in the early 1990s.

Some 20 soldiers from both sides have been killed in shooting incidents so far this year.

Nagorno-Karabakh's independence has not been recognized by any country.

With reporting by nkrmil.am, mod.gov.az and apa.az

 

Most Popular