A major fire has swept through a market area near the center of the Afghan capital, Kabul.
There were no reports of casualties, but hundreds of shops and stalls were destroyed and Kabul's nearby currency-exchange center was evacuated, authorities say.
In Pictures: Kabul Market Fire
NATO and Afghan Army firefighting units were called in to help contain the blaze, which was likely caused by faulty electrical wiring.
The market is about one kilometer from the Afghan presidential palace and several government ministries.
Authorities were quick to dismiss fears that the fire had been caused by a terrorist act.
Based on reporting by AFP and BBC