Monday, September 01, 2014


Afghanistan

NATO: No Evidence For Afghan Claims Of Misconduct

General Gunter KatzGeneral Gunter Katz
x
General Gunter Katz
General Gunter Katz

Related Articles

Karzai Expels U.S. Special Forces

Afghan President Hamid Karzai has ordered U.S. Special Forces to leave the central province of Wardak within two weeks.
By RFE/RL
A spokesman for NATO-led coalition troops in Afghanistan says no evidence has been found so far to support Afghan allegations of misconduct by U.S. special forces in Wardak Province, west of Kabul.

General Gunter Katz's statement comes a day after President Hamid Karzai ordered all U.S. Special Forces to leave Wardak within 14 days because of allegations that Afghans working with them were torturing and abusing other Afghans.

Katz said that NATO's International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) will work with the government to respond to its concerns.

But he added that ISAF cannot comment further until NATO meets to discuss the issue with the Afghan government.

Katz also praised the Afghan security forces, which he said "are fighting well."

With reporting by AP

Most Popular