Thursday, April 17, 2014


Afghanistan

NATO Air Strike Said To Have Killed Afghan Women, Children

 Villagers search for dead bodies of those killed in a NATO air strike in the village of Sajawand in Logar Province on June 6.
Villagers search for dead bodies of those killed in a NATO air strike in the village of Sajawand in Logar Province on June 6.
TEXT SIZE - +
Afghan officials and residents say an early-morning NATO air strike in eastern Afghanistan has killed several civilians, including many women and children.

Tahir Khan Sabri, the governor of Logar Province, said 18 villagers who had gathered for a wedding were killed in the NATO air strike.

He said President Hamid Karzai had ordered an investigation into the deaths.

Afghan government officials said earlier that militants were among those killed.

NATO has confirmed that it carried out an air strike in the Baraki Baraki district of eastern Logar Province targeting a senior Taliban commander.

It said it was looking into the reports.

Based on reporting by AP, dpa, and Reuters
This forum has been closed.
Comment Sorting
Comments
     
by: sudhir from: pakistan
June 06, 2012 18:25
A very sad incident. NATO and US forces have let loose a reign of terror on the poor people of Afghanistan. The worst aspect of such unfortunate incidents is the insensitivity of the American people inspite of the fact that they do know that their military leaders are committing the worst type of crimes against the humanity. Their pretended love for human rights and criticism of other nations for violation of human rights stand exposed.
In Response

by: William from: Aragon
June 07, 2012 04:01
Sadly Sudhir, most of the American people won't even hear about it. If you search the major US online publications today you will find that this story has not been included - they focus on the suicide bombings in Kandaha, and pretend that Logar did not happen.

Most Popular