Wednesday, April 16, 2014


Tatar-Bashkir

Tatarstan Prosecutor Asks For Probe Into Jihadist Video

Tatarstan's Prosecutor-General Ildus Nafikov (file photo)Tatarstan's Prosecutor-General Ildus Nafikov (file photo)
x
Tatarstan's Prosecutor-General Ildus Nafikov (file photo)
Tatarstan's Prosecutor-General Ildus Nafikov (file photo)
TEXT SIZE - +
By RFE/RL's Tatar-Bashkir Service
KAZAN, Russia -- The prosecutor-general of Russia's Republic of Tatarstan has officially requested an investigation into a jihadist video circulating on the Internet in recent days.

In a statement on December 2, Prosecutor-General Ildus Nafikov called the video "an attempt by destructive forces to break interethnic and interreligious concord in Tatarstan."

In the video, a masked man who calls himself Abdullah, the leader of Tatarstan's mujahedin, claims responsibility for what he says was a recent missile attack against an oil refinery in Tatarstan's city of Tuban Kama.

The man in the video warns that more attacks will be conducted by his men in the future.

Last month, Tatar law enforcement officials said they had found significant amounts of handmade explosives in Tuban Kama and the Aleksei district.

They did not confirm any missile attack.

Most Popular