Thursday, July 24, 2014


Afghanistan

Two Charged Over Afghan Mosque Suicide Bombing

Afghan authorities say two men have been charged in connection with a suicide bombing that killed dozens of worshippers last year outside a Shi’ite shrine in Kabul.

Attorney General Mohammed Ishaq Aloko said on June 19 that both men have confessed to the December 6 attack.

Aloko alleged that the plot was planned in Pakistan's northwestern city of Peshawar by "regional spy agencies" and was aimed at "provoking sectarian violence."

He said one suspect came from Afghanistan's eastern Nangarhar Province and was paid 10,000 Pakistani rupees ($100) to bring two suicide attackers to Kabul.

Shortly after the bombing, President Hamid Karzai blamed the Pakistani Al-Qaeda-linked militant group Lashkar-e Jhangvi for carrying out the attack.

Based on reporting by AFP and AP
This forum has been closed.
Comments
     
There are no comments in this forum yet. Be the first to add one.

Most Popular