We are currently seeking Journalist for our Arabic Language Service, Radio Free Iraq, to initiate, prepare, develop, produce, and deliver wide variety of journalistic material on multiple platforms (Radio, TV, online, social media, printed…) as assigned, relevant to the target audience and to RFE/RL mission, while adhering and striving to exceed RFE/RL content quality standards. RFE/RL jobs are versatile and cover wide range of tasks and activities. An appropriate candidate may need to acquire a knowledge of and focus on different areas of assignments or projects while in the same job and while being flexible in terms of time and location. This position will be based in Prague, Czech Republic.
• Professional fluency in Arabic (at native level) and English
• Demonstrated writing and analytical skills with broad knowledge of political, economic, and social structures of Iraq and surrounding regions, as well as strong general knowledge of international affairs
• Minimum of 4 years journalism experience, preferably in broadcast medium
• Recent knowledge and experience of either having worked in Iraq or having worked on Iraqi issues is a strong plus
• Demonstrated strong commitment to journalistic integrity and objectivity
• Knowledge and practical experience of radio and/or TV broadcasting practices and techniques, multimedia, and on-line experience is highly desired
• Willingness and ability to learn and to work with audio and video equipment, word processing tools, information research tools and new technologies and media platforms
• A university degree in journalism, international relations, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience in one of these disciplines
• Proven ability to function effectively with people from widely different national and cultural backgrounds
• Ability to read and understand other languages spoken in Iraq and other RFE/RL's broadcast regions would be a plus
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Detail ...
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.