Under the direction of an assigned Regional Director, takes full line management responsibility for the operations of RFE/RL's Russian Service. Together with the Regional Director, sets Service strategy and goals in support of RFE/RL's mission; is responsible for program development and performance management; and has ultimate editorial responsibility for program content and organization.
- Program content: programming and production, evaluation of quality of programs, editorial decisions, other Service and bureau interface and coordination (operations management, delegating authority to deputy)
- Keeps up with the news and speaks knowledgeably about current events as they relate to own broadcast region and specific target country.
- Plans the daily and weekly program.
- Makes assignments, both in Prague and in the bureaus, both directly and through subordinates.
- Contributes to broadcast output as required.
- Follows progress of programs until broadcast
- Ensures 100% on air, on time broadcast as per schedule.
- Has ultimate responsibility for editorial content and production standards.
- Regularly (at least once per week) listens to and evaluates broadcasts; provides feedback to staff on content and performance.
- Management of staff including freelancers (making assignments, coaching, motivating, managing performance, scheduling training); supervision of staff including freelancers (scheduling, leave approval)
- Addressing personnel issues (hiring decisions, merit increases, promotions, reassignments, disciplinary problems) with appropriate involvement of the HR Division and the Regional Director
- Budget compliance
- Delegation and oversight of tasks related to bureau administration, payments to stringers, timesheets, vouchers for expenses, and so on,
- Management and email issues to be dealt with promptly
- Meetings, seminars and training
Qualifications & Experience
- Journalism, international relations or related field (MA - Master's degree)
- Combination of education and experience
- Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure (10+ years)
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions
- Team management experience (2-5 years)
- Expertise in news journalism and demonstrated ability to manage ongoing news stories
- Strong ability to establish contacts, work with and further develop media affiliates network in international environment. Experience in fostering key relationships
- End-user knowledge of MS Office applications
- Organization & planning skills at a managerial level
- People Management
- Presentation skills
- Relevant software knowledge
- Strategic planning
- Mentoring & coaching
- Broadcast region language (Proficient)
- English language (Proficient)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Detail ...
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.