Reporting to the Service Director, Journalist initiates, prepares, produces, and delivers wide variety of journalistic material on multiple platforms (Radio, TV, online, social media, printed), as assigned, relevant to the target audience and to RFE/RL mission, adhering to and striving to exceed RFE/RL content quality standards. Responsibilities: • Creates content on a wide variety of topics and issues, from bulletins and dispatches to features for relevant platforms. Adapts content as necessary. Translates according to the language proficiency. • Works as field correspondent and reporter on assignment. • Conducts interviews in the studio, by telephone, or in the field • Moderates, delivers live, blogs, records, contributes, inputs online, shots photos and video as required. • Produces live, recorded, online, printed, etc. content, as appropriate, using the available techniques, operates relevant technologies, tools and computer equipment. • Maintains up–to–date familiarity with political, economic, and social developments in and related to the target area. Briefs himself/herself on latest news and issues prior to starting work day. • Researches material and, exercising editorial judgment, selects reliable information from a varied range of reputable sources. • Keeps deadlines and strives to meet or exceed RFE/RL standards for the quality of the output. • Adheres to RFE/RL editorial standards at all times and takes editorial responsibility for all own material. • Actively participates in program feedback sessions. • Is expected to regularly suggest viable coverage ideas and to contribute to program planning.
• University education in journalism or related field, or equivalent relevant training and experience.
• Around 4 years of experience as a multimedia journalist.
• Good familiarity with political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as with regional and international affairs.
• Perfect command of the Ukrainian and English languages,
• Proficiency in the Russian language highly desirable,
• Willingness and ability to learn and to work with audio and video equipment, word processing tools, information research tools and new technologies and media platforms as well as to acquire or enhance the knowledge of journalistic practices relevant to the assignment.
• Ability to reliably develop and deliver quality content according to RFE/RL standards and best practices.
• Content creation skills require occasional editing and editorial supervision.
• Good editorial judgment exercised in own work.
• Seeks opportunities for development and training, and assumes responsibility for learning.
• Supportive team player.
• Has an understanding or RFE/RL mission and broadcast area targets.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Detail ...
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.