The director of the Current Time television channel is responsible for the strategic and operational leadership of the Russian language 24/7 news channel. This position will oversee content and lead the team of top managers who oversee CT TV daily production; DIGIM (responsible for websites, YouTube, Facebook, etc.); acquisition; commissioning; marketing; purchasing; scheduling; and other units of global Russian language TV. He/She will ensure budget and audience goals are met and will establish long-range goals and strategies that will result in growth and long-term viability of the channel. In addition, the director will provide representation of the channel to the outside world.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, business administration, finance, broadcast/entertainment/communications or a related field and/or have the equivalent in related experience, is mandatory. An advanced degree is a plus.
- At least 10 years of experience and thorough understanding of regional/international journalism, digital and broadcast industry standards including the role and jurisdiction of the applicable regulatory agencies, is mandatory.
- Experience working or living abroad, is desirable.
- Strong self-awareness and an open, authentic leadership style, is desirable.
- Must have ability and vision to strategically plan and lead all the operations of the channel, including content produced for all platforms: multicast, interactive, mobile, and other digital businesses,
- Must understand audiences across all platforms, and be engaged in forecasting future trends,
- Management skills necessary to manager a diverse staff of journalists, television, multimedia and video specialists,
- Leadership ability to represent the company in public for diverse audiences,
- Experience in progressively responsible media/editorial management positions highly desirable,
- Strong mentoring and mediation skills,
- Versatility, flexibility and ability to work within constantly changing priorities,
- Ability to instill a high performance culture with a focus on continuous improvement,
- Ability to effectively deal with issues of cultural diversity and personalities in a changing environment,
- Must be willing to work in Prague, Czech Republic, and
- To submit to a background investigation and submit documents required for work authorization in the Czech Republic.
- Russian language fluency is mandatory.
- Fluent English is mandatory
- Expected to drive results by developing and executing the channel’s strategic and operating plans, and achieving audience goals consistent with RFE/RL operating guidelines,
- Provide for recruitment, management and development of a leadership team, on-air talent and staff, organized to optimize individual and team capabilities, within an environment that demonstrates strong news judgment and production values, leadership and opportunities for advancement,
- Employ purposeful management strategies to ensure innovation in structure and consent of all departments,
- Interpret research to drive programming and grow audiences,
- Provide a system of controls to ensure that applicable regulations are followed, financial management, operating budgets, capital spending plans and other financial systems are within company guidelines and objectives,
- Based on proposals from the executive editor, oversee development and execution of new programming opportunities to provide for the growth and development of the channel,
- Cultivate relationships with major affiliates, broadcasters and digital entities to represent the channel in the target market, and
- Make regular reports to the editor-in-chief and RFE/RL president on matters requiring their action.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Detail ...
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.