Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty seeks a Senior Digital News Librarian to support the growth and development of its Digital News Library. The Senior Digital News Librarian will report directly to the Manager of the RFE/RL Digital News Library, and play a Supervisory role for Regional Librarians. This Senior Digital News Librarian will help to develop information and data management tools over the course of a RFE/RL technology initiative to integrate broadcast services. This role will assist with building and maintaining a taxonomy and controlled vocabulary for the RFE/RL media collection. Under the direction of the Library Manager, this Librarian will test, implement and provide ongoing maintenance of Library information management tools and workflows. The Senior Digital News Librarian will assist in standardizing integrated workflows between Prague and the Regional Libraries. This role will also perform original media cataloging and indexing, as well as research in the RFE/RL Video News Libraries to internal clients. Near native level of English language is mandatory, Russian language is desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) required in Library Science, Information or Records Management, Archives Management, or related field.
- Experience in information services (3-5 years).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with digital media metadata.
- Demonstrated education and/or experience in one or more of the following: taxonomies and thesauri, relational databases, indexing, name- and subject-authorities, controlled vocabulary, media metadata, regular expressions and data analytics, automated image annotating, Linked Open Data, Semantic Web utilities.
- Demonstrated Project Management and team leadership experience.
- Ability to critically research, analyze, extract, and compile data across systems; and to output and present data in an organized and formatted manner.
- Experience with MS Office and Office 365 Products (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Share Point).
- Familiarity with use, maintenance, development, or integration of Media/Digital Asset Management systems.
- Basic video editing skills.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Keen attention to detail and highly organized.
- The Central Digital News Librarian will be responsible for assisting in building information management tools and functionalities for identification, selection, description, and archive of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty’s media assets. The scope of content includes media produced across RFE’s geographically distributed Bureaus, and their broadcast and internet platforms.
- Under the Digital News Archives Manager, the Central Digital News Librarian will assist in developing and enhancing media cataloging and archive protocols and procedures at the Bureau Libraries and harmonizing these Bureau practices with those at Prague Headquarters.
- Supports Library workflow development and workflow improvement as needed and instructed, and interfaces with RFE/RL Engineers, Developers, Journalists, Producers, and Editors.
- Supports the needs and requirements of the Regional Digital Librarians and the selection and cataloging of Regional RFE/RL media.
- Populates, edits, reviews and corrects metadata in catalog records, and auxiliary databases.
- Assists in compiling and reporting data on Library operations and activities.
- Carries out research and compiles information in response to specific information requests.
- Assists and trains users to access RFE/RL databases to research and find media.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.