This position will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing current audio/video applications while also developing longer-term projects.
- We are looking for a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial and yet demanding work environment with the ability to maintain/develop of audio/video applications in one or more following technologies:
- C/C++, FFMPG, AMS, Telestream Vantage, PowerShell, BASH
- Developing new features and components within the given software.
- Writing code in any relevant language required for improvements in the given software or application.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Ability to administer servers. Windows is a must (IIS, Task Scheduler, Services, cluster), Linux is advantage.
- HW server maintenance (cabling new server, changing memory modules, connecting server/cluster to the Compellent storage).
- Orientation in networks – at least basic understanding of protocols, firewall set up, domain. Basic knowledge of Akamai technologies is advantage.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of web technologies, tools and delivery systems.
- Previous exposure of at least two items from following – Elemental encoders, DVEO (Real Networks) encoders, Wowza, Flash Media Server, Telestream Vantage. General understanding of stream managers and encoders.
- Ability to measure encoder performance, design encoding profile, debug encoder and other log files. Basic knowledge of test methodology.
- Experience with monitoring tools like SCOM and/or Nagios is a plus.
- SQL, PowerShell, Shell and/or Bash scripting is a big plus.
- Raw editing in Premiere, Vegas or in any editing tool.
- Analytical skills - ability to use a methodical step/by step approach to breaking down complex problems or processes into their constituent parts; to identify cause and effect patterns and analyze problems to arrive at an appropriate solution.
- Extensive knowledge of streaming technologies.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently to solve problems.
- Ability to function effectively with people from widely different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- English (advanced).
- Communicative knowledge of Czech and/or an RFE/RL broadcasting language a plus.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.