The Health Ministry in Belarus has announced that the death toll following a bomb blast in the country's capital, Minsk, on April 11 has risen to 13 after a man died from his wounds in hospital.
A spokeswoman for Minsk's Hospital No. 6 said the man succumbed to his injuries during the night of April 14-15.
Previously, the casualty list following the explosion on a crowded platform at Minsk's Kastrychnitskaya (October Square) subway station had stood at 12 dead and some 200 injured.
Belarusian authorities say they have detained five people in connection with the blast.
President Alyaksandr Lukashenka announced on April 13 that the main suspect and his accomplice have confessed to staging two other bombing attacks, one at an open-air concert in Minsk in 2008 and another at a cafe in Vitebsk in 2005. Both explosions injured dozens but caused no casualties.
Lukashenka, who has been isolated by the West over his autocratic rule, said he did not rule out the involvement of foreign forces.
He also ordered the KGB to question "political actors" -- a terms he sometimes uses to refer to the opposition -- in connection with the blast, fueling fears the attack heralds another crackdown on dissidents.
compiled from agency reports