Washington, Jan. 31 (RFE/RL) - The following is a list of the Agreements and Statements signed at the Sixth Semi-Annual Meeting of the U.S.-Russian Joint Commission on Economic and Technological Cooperation in Washington, D.C., Jan. 29-30, 1996.
SIGNED BY PRIME MINISTER VIKTOR CHERNOMYRDIN AND VICE PRESIDENT AL GORE:
1. Joint statement on U.S.-Russian Special Environmental Initiative.
2. Agreement regarding international trade in commercial space launch services.
3. Russia-U.S. activity under the space shuttle-MIR program in 1996.
SIGNED BY COMMITTEE CHAIRMEN, MINISTERS AND OTHERS:
4. Statement of intent on cooperation in addressing crimes against business.
5. Statement of intent on cooperation in small business development.
6. Tissue equivalent proportional counter (on radiation measurements on Russian Mars mission)
7. Statement of intent on material protection, control and accounting.
8. Memorandum between Russian component and U.S. OPIC (Overseas Private Investment Corporation) on defense conversion program.
9. Eximbank-Roslesprom framework agreement on financing for forestry industry.
10. Memorandum on technical cooperation and information exchange in food safety.
11. Statement on revised procedural annex on pharmaceuticals.
12. Statement of intent on medical devices.
13. Statement of intent on nuclear safety (joint nuclear safety centers).
14. Statement on fuel cells cooperation
15. Joint statement on guiding principles in control, accountability and physical protection of nuclear materials.
16. One finance protocol for defense conversion projects
17. Joint statement on seismic cooperation.
18. Joint report of the agriculture committee.
19. Reports by three agricultural working groups.
20. Reports by the health committee.
21. Joint statement on school health education.
22. Transmittal memorandum on the U.S.-Russia commercial tax dialogue.
23. Transmittal letter for storage facility on nuclear materials security.
24. Joint statement on cooperation on the Alpha-Magnetic Spectrometer in space.
25. Statement on civilian research and development foundation.
26. Joint statement on environmental security in the Arctic.
27. Joint statement on enhanced cooperation on climate change.
28. Joint statement on human space flight.
29. Joint statement on aeronautics and space cooperation.
30. Joint statement on the prevention and control of infectious disease - diphtheria.