The U.S. military is set to resume evacuation flights to the United States for critically injured Haitian earthquake victims.
The U.S. military suspended such flights on January 27 over a dispute over where the patients would be treated and the costs of their care.
In announcing the resumption of flights, the White House said "partners" both at home and abroad had given assurances that "additional capacity" to treat the injured was available.
U.S. Ambassador to Haiti Kenneth Merten said about 435 earthquake victims had been evacuated before the suspension.
Individual hospitals were still able to arrange private medical flights -- such as one January 31 that brought three critically ill children to hospitals in Philadelphia.
compiled from agency reports