A man being retried for attacking the U.S. Embassy in Sarajevo in 2011 has apologized for what he now calls his "stupid act."
Mevlid Jasarevic seriously wounded a police officer when he fired at the embassy for more than 40 minutes using an automatic rifle.
On November 13, he told the court in Sarajevo that he had been manipulated and then abandoned by his radical Islamist mentors.
Jasarevic was found guilty of terrorism and sentenced to 18 years in prison by Bosnia's state court in December 2012.
The verdict was revoked on appeal in July and a new trial ordered after judges said the original trial was flawed.
Defense lawyers had argued they did not have access to witness testimony and evidence.
The court will give its verdict on November 20.
Based on reporting by Reuters and AFP