Police in Berlin say they have released two men who were detained on November 26 as part of an investigation into Islamic extremists in Germany.
Authorities said on November 27 that no evidence had been found to hold the 28-year-old Syrian and 46-year-old Tunisian suspects.
Following their detention on November 26, police raided a mosque in Berlin's western neighborhood of Charlottenburg.
An Islamic cultural center also was raided.
Local media reported that the two were suspected of planning to transport explosives from Munich to use in a possible attack in Dortmund.
But authorities said on November 27 that no evidence of explosives had been found in their car, at the mosque, or at the Islamic center.
Police said there was no indication that "an act of violence was planned for Berlin."
Earlier, dpa reported that the two men were thought to have been influenced Islamic State militants.