Iran's official IRNA news agency reports that Washington Post reporter Jason Rezaian has been indicted and his case has been sent to Tehran's revolutionary court.
Prosecutor Abbas Jaafari Dolatabadi announced the indictment but did not announce the charges against Rezaian, who has been jailed in Iran since July 2014 on unspecified charges.
Dolatabadi also made no mention of when Rezaian, a U.S.-Iranian dual national and chief of The Washington Post's bureau in Tehran, was due to stand trial.
Earlier on January 14, Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said it was up to Iran's courts to determine the fate of the 38-year-old Rezaian.
Rezaian was arrested on July 22 with his wife, Yeganeh Salehi, who was freed on bail in October.
In December, Iranian authorities said Rezaian's detention would be extended for up to 60 more days.
With reporting by IRNA, AFP, and The Washington Post