Kazakh authorities say the death toll from seemingly coordinated weekend assaults on gun stores, police, and a National Guard facility in the northwestern region of Aqtobe has reached 19.
Police spokesman Almas Sadubaev said on June 7 that the dead include 13 suspected assailants, three civilians, and three National Guard servicemen.
It was earlier reported that 12 attackers had been killed. Dozens more people were reported injured.
Four suspects were wounded, eight were detained, and seven others were being searched for, Sadubaev said.
He said that the situation in Aqtobe was now quiet, adding that businesses and public transport were operating normally.
However, he said security forces across the country remained on “high alert."
Officials have suggested Islamic militants are to blame for the assaults, but the evidence for such a conclusion is unclear and no motive has been offered for the attacks.