Ukraine says one of its soldiers has been killed and three wounded as a result of clashes with Russia-backed separatists in eastern Ukraine.
The Defense Ministry in Kyiv said on August 15 that separatist fighters violated a cease-fire 46 times during the previous 24 hours by firing artillery, machine guns, grenade launchers, and mortars.
The Russia-backed separatists said Ukrainian government forces violated the cease-fire 15 times, using the same type of weapons.
Since April 2014, more than 10,300 people have been killed in fighting between Kyiv's forces and the separatists who control parts of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
Cease-fire deals announced as part of the Minsk accords -- September 2014 and February 2015 pacts aimed at resolving the conflict -- have failed to hold.
A new cease-fire agreement was reached in late 2017 and was meant to go into effect on December 23. But both sides have accused the other of repeated violations since then.