Forces allied with Libya's unity government battled on June 12 to retake the extremist Islamic State (IS) group's stronghold in Sirte, facing resistance and a series of suicide car bombings.
IS took control of the coastal city in 2015 and turned it into its main base of operations for North Africa.
Islamic State militants launched three suicide attacks against Libyan government forces in an attempt to stop them from advancing inside their stronghold, pro-government media reported.
Reda Issa, a spokesman for the unity government's forces, said that at least one person was killed and four injured in the suicide bomb blasts.
On June 11, Libyan forces said they regained control of the port in Sirte.
Sirte, the hometown of ousted ruler Muammar Qaddafi, is the most significant IS stronghold outside Iraq and Syria.
The Libyan forces, aligned to the UN-backed unity government in Tripoli, began the battle to retake the city last month.