Talks between government officials and organizers of an ongoing protest were held in the Moldovan capital, Chisinau, with protesters saying their demonstration would continue.
Vasile Nastase, a leader of the Dignity and Truth Civil Platform, an organizer of the protest, said on September 8 that talks with members of the presidential administration "yielded no results."
He added that "our demands have not been satisfied, so we will continue to stand our ground and will increase pressure on the authorities."
The protesters are demanding the resignation of President Nicolae Timofti and the government because of corruption and a bank scandal that resulted in the disappearance of some $1 billion.
Timofti said earlier on September 8 that he would not resign, saying such a move "would bring instability to Moldova" and "only aggravate" the situation.
Nastase and other rally representatives later met with presidential chief of staff Ion Paderaru, presidential adviser Vasile Sturza, and presidential spokesman Vlad Turcanu.
Hundreds of protesters have set up a tent camp in Chisinau's central square and vowed to stay until their demands are met.