European soccer's governing body, UEFA, has opened disciplinary proceedings against Montenegro and Russia after a March 27 European championship qualifying match was abandoned due to crowd violence.
The Union of European Football Associations said in a statement that proceedings against the host country, Montenegro, have been opened over the abandoned game.
It also said both countries face disciplinary proceedings because fireworks and other objects were thrown onto the pitch by their fans.
The game was called off with the score at tied at 0-0 after 67 minutes when Russian player Dmitry Kombarov was hit by an object thrown from the stands and spectators from both sides clashed.
Earlier, the game had been suspended for 30 minutes when a flare hit Russian goalkeeper Igor Akinfeev in the head, sending him to a hospital for treatment.
Russia has filed a protest and demanded it be awarded a 3-0 win because of the attacks on its players.